Relocating to the Bellevue area soon? Once you settle well in the city with the…
The majestic city of Bellevue is located 15 miles east of Seattle, Washington, and has more than 5,200 acres of rich land, making it a metropolis.
It has grown into one of the largest cities in Washington, serving as a major hub for technology and business. Major brands and household names like Microsoft, Expedia.com, T-Mobile, and The Motley Fool call Bellevue home.
Below is a list of good reasons to move and tips for moving to Bellevue.
10 Main Reasons to Move to Bellevue, Washington
Moving to Bellevue, Washington? Here are ten reasons why you’ll love it:
- Bellevue consistently ranks as one of the best places to live. It has serene and safe neighborhoods for families and good transport infrastructure.
- Bellevue has a very mild climate with low snowfall, perfect for outdoor lovers.
- Bellevue has excellent schools, including local public schools boasting excellent facilities and exemplary graduation rates.
- Bellevue is a job-centric tech hub for companies like Amazon and Microsoft.
- Many famous people call Bellevue home—including Jeff Bezos and Bill Gates.
- Bellevue is close to Seattle, the perfect bedroom community.
- It is an excellent city for lovers of parks with spaces like the Bellevue Downtown Park or the Bellevue Botanical Garden.
- Bellevue offers world-class shopping destinations like Crossroads Bellevue and Bellevue Square.
- Dine and enjoy the best food from the Pacific Northwest at restaurants like Seastar Restaurant, Raw Bar, and Firenze Ristorante Italiano.
- Explore the picturesque Mt Rainier National Park and Leavenworth just a stone’s throw away.
Pros and Cons of Moving to Bellevue, WA
Below we outline some key advantages and disadvantages of moving to Bellevue, Washington:
Amazing Public Schools
Bellevue is home to some of the best educational institutions in the state. You can be sure that your children will earn a great education.
Excellent Job Opportunities
The city has a low unemployment rate, at just 4%, and an average salary higher than the national average of $48,560.
In Bellevue, the summers are short and warm. The winters are cold and wet but comparatively mild. Temperatures vary from 37°F to 79°F.
Good Public Transportation
Bellevue has a well-developed transport infrastructure with easy connections to Seattle.
Excellent Recreational Opportunities
You can find the best educational institutions, shopping centers, recreational spaces, and dining establishments with attractions that kids will love.
High Overall Cost of Living
The cost of living is naturally high in Bellevue as it’s an upscale location.
The average price of Bellevue home listings (2022) is $1.5 million. A typical apartment costs $2,533 per month.
A Limited Downtown
Bellevue’s downtown is not as thriving and dynamic as comparable cities.
Lots of Traffic
As with every major city, there is lots of traffic in Bellevue, especially during rush hour.
What to Know About Living in Bellevue, WA
Here are some valuable tips for moving to Bellevue before you go.
The climate is agreeable, with comparatively mild winters and short warm summers.
Enjoy a vibrant community with plenty of jobs and businesses, quality housing, reliable transport, and excellent schools.
Registering Your Car
Ensure you have your Certificate of Ownership (Title), proof of identity, payment for taxes, and proof of emissions inspection (if applicable).
Bellevue School District is a top-rated public school district, serving over 21,000 students (Grades PK-12). 79% of its students are proficient in reading, and at least 73% proficient in math.
While the number of jobs in Bellevue has fluctuated since 2000, there has been an upward trend. The average annual growth rate of jobs is 1.12%.
A family of four will spend around $4,238 per month. On average, a single person’s expenses are $1,100 (without rent).
Bellevue is a city with an exceptional transportation network that includes streets, sidewalks, and bike paths.
Bellevue has plenty of resources for short and long-distance moves, including On The Go.
Culture and Contemporary Life
There are dozens of museums and galleries in the area, plus tons of restaurants serving everything from classic American fare to excellent sushi!
Moving to Bellevue, WA: On The Go Moving
There’s so much in Bellevue, WA, that can enhance your life, and On the Go Moving will help ensure your move to this vibrant city goes as smoothly as possible. We’ll do everything from packing up your belongings to ensuring they arrive safely at their new home in Bellevue.
If you’re moving to Bellevue, WA, or nearby areas, get in touch with On The Go Moving today. Call (425) 440-3241 or contact us online for a free estimate.