Queen Anne is a historic and vibrant neighborhood in Seattle. Fortunately for people considering a…
Want to know what living on Mercer Island is like? Lucky for you, residents in Mercer Island, Washington have great things to say about their community!
The small island community offers future residents a nice resort away from the bustling city of Seattle and is an idyllic place to raise a family or commute to larger neighboring cities (such as Seattle, Bellevue, and Kirkland).
Continue reading to learn more about what living on Mercer Island is like or give On The Go Moving a call to speak with one of our team members about our Mercer Island moving services.
Related article: Living In Seattle
Living On Mercer Island Washington
What is the quality of life on Mercer Island like? It’s safe, comfortable, and friendly!
Let’s take a look at some of the most important factors that play a part in determining the quality of living on Mercer Island Washington:
- Safety. Mercer Island is considerably safer than neighboring towns and cities and has a much lower crime rate than its neighbor, Seattle.
- Schools. Mercer Island Washington is known for having good public schools. This is reflected by the school district’s A+ rating for academics.
- Location. Mercer Island is located on Lake Washington and is a convenient place to live for commuters to Bellevue, Seattle, or Kirkland.
- Island community. Living on Mercer Island gives you access to an involved community of fellow island residents that are passionate about constantly improving Mercer quality of life.
- Affordability. As with any area in the near vicinity of Seattle, Mercer Island does have a relatively high cost of living (with the cost of living being placed at more than 85% higher than the national average).
Things To Do In Downtown Mercer Island Washington
When it comes to things to do in Mercer Island WA, you won’t be disappointed. Mercer Island has a dynamic and fun community and local events and gatherings are commonplace on the island.
Here are 10 of the best things to do in Mercer Island WA:
- Explore the bustling Mercer Island Downtown
- Attend a Mercer Island festival (Mercer Island holds an annual summer festival)
- Island Books
- Clarke & Clarke Art + Artifacts
- Go on a Mercer Island food tour or wine tasting adventure
- Sunset Highway outdoor sculpture gallery
- Luther Burbank Beach
- Clarke Beach
- Pioneer Park hike
Mercer Island Population
In 2018, the Mercer Island population was nearly 26,000 residents. With the rapid growth of neighboring cities of Seattle and Bellevue, the Mercer Island population is also expected to grow.
Moving to Mercer Island Washington Soon?
Planning a move to Mercer Island Washington in the near future? Make this the relocation of your dreams by working with a professional moving company.
Here at On The Go Moving, we offer professional moving services to clients moving to or from Mercer Island Washington. We’ve made a comprehensive service list so that no matter what your moving needs are, our movers can help.
Whether you need packing, transportation, or disassembling and reassembling services, contact On The Go Moving Today to speak with one of our professional movers about our Mercer Island storage services.
Living In Ballard
Living in Fremont
Living In Queen Anne
Living In Downtown
Living In Belltown
Living In Capitol Hill
Living In Beacon Hill
Living In West Seattle
Living In Mercer Island